Burnside has been active for over 30 years with clients in the US, Canada, Chile, China, the United Arab Emirates and in other countries.
Burnside Development & Assoc. LLC is a personal consulting business working ‘Today’s Research’ to turn it into ‘Tomorrow’s Business’.
I have over 30 years experience moving university inventions and creativity into the marketplace to make a Better World. An Academic Entrepreneur who has founded or helped others found over 50 technology-based start-up companies. Active as a Social Entrepreneur – addressing major society problems using business methods.
I have brought government employees, academics and business executives together to use today’s research and technology to solve tomorrow’s problems. Expertise covers starting companies and creating jobs based on research results.
- Created and ran university technology transfer licensing offices.
- Engaged by WIPO, the UN World Intellectual Property Organization, to lecture on licensing, technology transfer and commercialization in 6 member countries.
- Assisted with business plans, fund raising and setting strategy for technology-driven businesses.
- Proficient in communicating the value of academic research and commercialization.
- Expert Witness in high-profile patent litigation patent law suits between universities and corporations
- Immense range of activities over the years such as: economic development, job creation, academic technology transfer, venture capital analysis and transactions.